This free virtual (and interactive!) student-focused career event is sponsored by the Asian American Journalists Association Seattle, Northwest Science Writers Association, and the Seattle Association of Black Journalists.
When: Saturday, January 30, 2 to 4 p.m. PT. Please use the link sent to you after registration to join the event.
Where: Virtual meeting. A link will be sent to all who have registered for the event.
Register: Advanced online registration is required. When you register, please indicate which field you are interested in by picking two different fields. This will be the two breakout sessions that you’ll join during the event.
We’ll start off with a panel of people working in five different areas. Then we’ll open up breakout session where students can chat with journalists and communication professionals in a variety of fields.
- Corinne Chin, Visual Journalist
- Andrew Hammond, Sports Reporter, Tacoma News Tribune
- Naomi Ishisaka, Social Justice Columnist, The Seattle Times
- Sarah E. McQuate, Science Writer and Public Information Officer, University of Washington
- Essex Porter, Government and Politics Reporter, KIRO 7
Break out sessions by field
We’ll be updating this page with information on the experts who will also be at the event and participating in the break out sessions, so check back again.
- Broadcast (television, radio, podcast)
- Visual (photographers, videographers, illustrators)
- Media and communications
- Newsprint (newspapers, magazines)
- Alternative communications careers in nonprofits or corporations