Join us!It’s nearly painless
Become a Northwest Science Writers Association member today and enjoy our members-only e-list, science events, awards, mentorships, and more!
Membership in the Northwest Science Writers Association is just $30 every 12 months ($20 for students; $1 hardship memberships available on request) and confers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Free or discounted admission to an expanding calendar of events: If you’re not a member, you’ll pay the full admission fee for public events. NSWA membership is require to attend some NSWA events, including our annual party.
- NSWA’s members-only mailing list: a membership forum for trading information about upcoming science events as well as job openings, freelance gigs, grant and award opportunities, and links to member writing.
- NSWA Member Directory: Paid members may choose to be listed in the NSWA directory for use by fellow members and others who might be in the market for writers or editors.
- The opportunity to have your work highlighted in our member-writing section, ScienceWire.
- Eligibility for NSWA’s Best of the Northwest Science Writing Awards, which gives cash prizes to recognize exemplary science journalism and institutional science writing.
- The opportunity to advance your professional development through NSWA’s Career Development Grants and our mentoring program.
Connect with other Pacific Northwest freelancers on the Northwest Science Writers Association freelance email list, where we discuss issues facing freelancers in our field and share calls for pitches, fellowship opportunities, and more. Subscribe by sending an email with “Subscribe to NSWA freelance list” in the subject line to email@example.com.
- Perhaps most importantly, you’ll have a vote in NSWA board and officer elections, a say in how NSWA operates, and many opportunities to forge friendships and professional relationships with your colleagues in science writing.
Please consider joining or renewing at the $60 Benefactor level. Benefactor membership includes a $30 donation to support NSWA’s programs, including our annual Career Development Grants and Best of the Northwest Science Writing Awards.
Join anytime during the year. We will remind you 12 months later when it is time to renew. If you have questions or comments, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about payments? E-mail the NSWA Treasurer at email@example.com
You have these payment options: